2000 Calorie Smoothie
This 2000 calorie smoothie tastes like a decadent chocolate shake but it’s made with healthy ingredients! It’s perfect if you need to gain weight or pack in the calories.
Why you’ll love it:
This 2000 calorie smoothie recipe is decadent, rich, and filled with healthy ingredients like banana, avocado, oats, dates, and peanut butter!
It’s a weight gain smoothie you can fool good about! The only added sugar is from the protein powder, but you could easily use a sugar-free one if you like. I use a chocolate plant-based protein powder.
Frozen bananas and ice thicken the smoothie, while dates sweeten it. Dates are a good source of fiber and antioxidants. I like to serve this 2000 calorie shake with whipped cream and cacao nibs. Yum!
- Frozen bananas – I keep these on hand in my freezer at all times. Simply cut a banana into slices and drop it into a zip-top bag. Freeze overnight or up to three months.
- Peanut butter – A good way to add calories and protein!
- Chocolate protein powder – You can use any brand/type of protein powder (I use plant-based). Just be sure you like the taste of it. All protein powder brands taste a little different.
- Cocoa powder – I use dark cocoa powder or Dutch cocoa powder. It’s dark smooth, and rich!
- Avocado – A whole avocado provides healthy fats and about 250 calories. It’s also super creamy in texture!
- Oats – Oats are a nutritious whole grain that taste great in smoothies!
- Dates – Look for Medjool dates. Be sure to remove the pit before you add them to the smoothie. A date is a tropical stone fruit that’s been dried to concentrate it’s sweetness.
- Coconut milk – Canned coconut milk is a great way to pack in calories. One cup boasts close to 500 calories!
- Milk – Any kind of milk works great, but whole or oat milk provide the most calories.
- Ice – I like to add ice to this smoothie since it’s full of so many rich ingredients! The ice lightens it up some and gives it a frosty texture.
How to make a 2,000 calorie smoothie:
This 2000 calorie shake is a breeze to make! Here’s what you need to do:
Combine ingredients: In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the frozen bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, avocado, oats, dates, ice, coconut milk, and whole milk.
Blend until smooth: Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick add a splash of whole milk and blend some more. I prefer to blend my smoothies thick, then adjust the consistency as necessary. Add more milk to thin it out.
Enjoy immediately: Pour into a large glass and enjoy immediately! I like to top mine with whipped cream.
High Calorie Smoothie Ingredients:
The key to a high-calorie smoothie is using high-calorie, nutrient-dense ingredients! Here’s plenty of good options to try:
- Nut butters – A serving of nut butter packs in about 200 calories! Try peanut, cashew, or almond butter.
- Seeds – Ground flax or chia seeds.
- Avocado – One medium avocado boasts 250 calories.
- Full-fat cottage cheese – One cup provides 222 calories and makes a smoothie super creamy!
- Canned coconut milk – Coconut milk quickly increases calorie count. One cup packs in 450 calories!
- For best results, use a high-speed blender. You don’t have to take out a second mortgage to buy a decent blender. In fact, I’ve had my Ninja blender for 8+ years! I highly doubt a cheap blender with low wattage would last that long. A good blender is an investment.
- Weight gain smoothies don’t have to be massive! The key is to find high-calorie, nutrient-dense ingredients to pack in the calories.
- If the smoothie’s too thick, add more liquid. I prefer a thick smoothie, but you can easily thin it out with more milk. Just remember, you can always add more but you can’t take it out.
This 2000 calorie protein shake is best enjoyed immediately! I don’t recommend storing it for any amount of time.
A smoothie is only as healthy as the ingredients that go in it! It’s best to use whole foods with minimal added sugar. This 2000 calorie smoothie uses healthy ingredients like banana, peanut butter, oats, avocado, and dates.
Nut butter, canned coconut milk, avocado, full-fat cottage cheese, seeds, oats, and full-fat yogurt help pack in calories!
More Smoothie Recipes:
- 1000 Calorie Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Pear Banana Protein Smoothie
- Ultra-Creamy Banana Smoothie Bowl
2000 Calorie Smoothie
- high-speed blender
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks about 2 large bananas
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 avocado pitted
- ½ cup oats
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk or dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup ice
- In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the frozen bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, avocado, oats, dates, coconut milk, whole milk, and ice.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, adding more milk if necessary to achieve a pourable consistency.
- Pour into a large glass and enjoy!