This summertime smoothie is all about the peaches! Enjoy this refreshing peach smoothie without yogurt as a healthy snack or breakfast.
Why you’ll love it:
This peach smoothie without yogurt is truly all about the peaches! It has a banana to naturally sweeten and thicken it, but those are the only two fruits.
Something about a peach smoothie screams summer to me. You get to capture the succulent, juicy flavor of a peak-season peach all in one sip. My heart jumps for joy at the thought.
Not only does it taste incredible but it’s healthy too! Peaches are packed with disease-fighting antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds. Which makes this smoothie a great way to kickstart your morning!
- Banana – Be sure to use a ripe banana for sweetness! Green underripe bananas taste bitter and chalky.
- Frozen peaches – I’ve realized not all frozen peaches taste flavorful and sweet. I prefer Dole frozen peaches, or you can slice up and freeze your fresh summer peaches.
- Orange juice – A bit of citrus highlights the peachy flavor! You can also use peach juice, but I always have orange juice on hand and it’s a bit healthier because it’s not from concentrate.
- Almond milk – Almond milk is my favorite liquid base for smoothies. It’s creamy, low calorie, and neutral in flavor. Any plant-based milk works great! Just use one you know you like.
- Honey – For extra sweetness! You can leave it out or add more if you like.
How to make a peach smoothie without yogurt:
This peach smoothie recipe without yogurt is a breeze to make! There’s basically two steps:
Combine ingredients: In the pitcher of your high-speed blender, combine the banana, peaches, almond milk, orange juice, and honey (if using).
Blend until smooth: Blend until thick, smooth, and creamy. Add a splash more orange juice if needed to reach the desired consistency.
Pour into glasses: Pour the peach smoothie into a glass (or two) and enjoy immediately!
Smoothie Making Tips:
- For best results, use a high-speed blender. You don’t have to spend a mint to get a quality blender. Just look for one with a powerful motor, above 900 watts.
- Use a ripe banana! This smoothie relies on the banana and peaches for sweetness. If you use a green, underripe banana, the smoothie won’t be sweet enough!
- Not all frozen peaches are created equal. Unfortunately, it’s true. Some brands are sweet and flavorful, while others taste flavorless. If your smoothie doesn’t taste flavorful, it might be the peaches! Dole brand, while expensive, is reliably sweet.
- Add honey to your sweetness level. I don’t like my smoothies overly sweet so I only added a teaspoon. Feel free to add more if you like!
Peach Smoothie Variations:
- Add yogurt – For extra creaminess and protein, add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt. You may need a little bit more honey to counteract the tanginess.
- Berries – Peaches pair well with frozen strawberries or raspberries! Swap 3/4 cup of the peaches for 3/4 cup of either one for a sweet change of pace.
- Peach nectar – For even more peachy flavor, swap the orange juice with peach nectar. I included orange juice in this recipe because it’s easier to find and more of a pantry staple.
- Juice – Swap the orange juice with whatever juice you have on hand.
Peach smoothies are best enjoyed freshly made! I don’t recommend storing them overnight or they lose their frosty texture.
I always recommend smoothie pops though! If you have leftover smoothie, pour it into a popsicle mold, add popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight. Enjoy smoothie pops on a hot summer day!
Peaches are mild, sweet, and pair well with most fruits. Try frozen raspberries, strawberries, or pineapple!
Yes, it’s best to peel peaches for smoothies. The peel doesn’t blend all the way and bits of peel remain in the smoothie. Fortunately, frozen peaches are already sliced and peeled which makes this peach smoothie easy to make!
A great substitute for yogurt in smoothies is cottage cheese! It creates a creamy consistency and you won’t even know it’s in there. Not only that, but it isn’t tangy like Greek yogurt so it won’t need extra sweetness.
There are many ways to thicken a smoothie without yogurt. The most obvious way is with a banana. Bananas are naturally thick and creamy. For an extra thick smoothie, take it one step further and freeze the banana first! Another great option is cottage cheese. Cottage cheese thickens a smoothie nicely and you won’t even know it’s in there!
More Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Grape Smoothie
- Strawberry Plum Smoothie
- Pineapple Raspberry Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie (3 Variations)
Peach Smoothie Without Yogurt
- high-speed blender
- 1 banana peeled
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- ⅓ cup orange juice (or peach juice) plus more for blending
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the banana, frozen peaches, orange juice, almond milk, and honey.
- Blend until thick, creamy, and smooth. Add a splash more orange juice if needed to thin it out and blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!