You will love this sweet and tangy strawberry passion fruit smoothie! It’s the perfect sip for summer and you only need three ingredients – banana, strawberries, and passion fruit juice.
Why You’ll Love it:
A surprisingly easy and sweet smoothie with just three ingredients! My kids love this passionfruit smoothie. And they’re extremely picky!
Passion fruit juice features citrusy, tropical vibes. It tastes great with berries, pineapple, mango, greens, and peaches! It’s hard to go wrong. It’s a great option if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
This passion fruit smoothie recipe comes together in 5 minutes and I love to make it into smoothie pops for my kids! They look forward to them as an afterschool snack.
Banana – A banana creates a sweet and creamy smoothie! Choose a yellow ripe banana for the best results. If you can’t have bananas, try one of these banana substitutes.
Frozen strawberries – Be sure to use frozen strawberries for a thick, frosty consistency! Strawberries pair well with almost anything! I keep two big bags in my freezer at all times.
Passion fruit juice – Passion fruit juice has a citrusy sweet flavor. My daughter described it as tasting like a watermelon. You can find it at a well-stocked grocery store in the non-refrigerated juice aisle or at World Market. I found it at my local Publix. I used Cere’s 100% Passion Fruit Juice Blend.
How to Make this Passion Fruit Smoothie:
This smoothie is super simple and easy to customize!
Combine ingredients: In the pitcher of your blender, combine the banana, frozen strawberries, and passion fruit juice. Add the banana first.
Blend: Start the blender on low speed, then increase the speed to high. This prevents the fruit from getting stuck and stopping the blades.
Serve: Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy immediately!
- Use frozen fruit to achieve the right texture. It’s what thickens it! If you only have fresh fruit, you can add ice but the texture won’t be as smooth.
- Start the blender on low speed. If helps everything get moving and prevents the mixture from getting stuck. If you need to, you can use your blender’s tamper to move the fruit toward the center.
- Place the softest ingredients closest to the blades. Start with the banana. Again, it’s easier on your blender!
- Fruit – Passion fruit juice tastes great with nearly any fruit! Try swapping the strawberries with mango, peaches, pineapple, berries, or a combination.
- Greens – Add a handful of baby spinach for a boost of iron and immune-boosting nutrients.
- Yogurt – Add a scoop of Greek yogurt for some high-quality protein.
- Juice – If you can’t find passion fruit juice, you can swap it with orange juice, white grape juice, or apple juice.
- Passion fruit – If you can find fresh passion fruit, you can add the pulp for even more passion fruit flavor!
Smoothies are best enjoyed frosty and fresh! They only take 5 minutes to make, so I highly recommend making it right before you plan to drink it.
However, if you want to make it ahead of time, you can. Simply pour the smoothie into a vacuum insulated cup and refrigerate. You can refrigerate it for up to 24 hours, but I only do it for up to 4 hours.
You can also make it into smoothie pops! Pour the leftover smoothie into popsicle molds, add popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight.
Smoothie pops are perfect for a hot summer day!
Strawberry Smoothie Recipes:
- Strawberry Granola Smoothie
- Strawberry Tofu Smoothie
- Mango Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Cucumber Smoothie
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Strawberry Passionfruit Smoothie
- 1 banana peeled
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup passionfruit juice
- In the pitcher of your blender, combine the banana, frozen strawberries, and passionfruit juice. Place the banana closest to the blades.
- Start on low speed, then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!