A sweet and creamy mango smoothie! Mango is the star in this simple smoothie with only four ingredients!
Why you’ll love it:
This mango smoothie is a summertime staple! Mangoes are naturally sweet and juicy with a refreshing, tropical vibe. And come summertime, I want this smoothie on repeat, day in and day out. It’s ALL about the mango.
It’s only four ingredients and it’s easy to customize! I use almond milk for the liquid base, but any regular or plant-based milk works great.
Not only are mangoes sweet like nectar but they’re nutritious too! One cup of mango contains 2.5 grams of fiber and a boatload of vitamin C. It boasts over a dozen plant compounds that act as disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Banana – Be sure to use a ripe, yellow banana! Ripe bananas make a sweet and creamy base for smoothies. Underripe bananas taste bitter and chalky.
- Mango – I used frozen mangoes to thicken the smoothie. You can use fresh diced mango, but then you’ll need to use a frozen banana. I keep frozen bananas in my freezer at all times. Just slice up a banana, place it in a zip-top bag, and freeze overnight.
- Greek yogurt – Greek yogurt is ultra creamy and adds a boost of protein! If you don’t have it, any type of yogurt should work.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk. It’s creamy, low in calories, and plant-based. You can use regular milk or your favorite plant-based milk.
How to make a mango smoothie:
This mango smoothie recipe is a breeze to make! It’s only three steps.
Combine ingredients: In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the banana, frozen mango, yogurt, and milk.
Blend until smooth: Blend until smooth and creamy.
Adjust and pour: I like a thick smoothie, but if you prefer a thinner one that’s fine too! Add a splash more liquid at the end and blend again to incorporate. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Mango Smoothie Tips:
- Adjust the consistency as needed. I always start with less liquid because it gives you a smoother blend. If you like a thinner smoothie, add a splash more liquid at the end to thin it out.
- Use a ripe banana! If you use an underripe banana, it’s noticeable! This smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana and mango. A bitter banana won’t taste good.
- Add honey to your sweetness level. I don’t like an overly sweet smoothie. If the smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, add a teaspoon or two of honey.
- You can use fresh mangoes, BUT you have to use a frozen banana. Otherwise the texture won’t be thick and frosty.
- Dairy-free or vegan: Swap the Greek yogurt with vegan yogurt. Coconut yogurt is a great choice for a tropical vibe.
- Yogurt: If you don’t have Greek yogurt, regular or plant-based yogurt works too.
- Liquid: Use your favorite milk or for a tangier version, swap the milk with orange juice.
- Sweetener: For a sweeter smoothie, add a teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, or light agave.
- Fruit: Swap half the mango with pineapple, strawberries, or raspberries.
Technically, you can store a mango smoothie in the fridge for up to 24 hours. I don’t recommend it though. It loses it’s frosty texture and it only takes 5 minutes to make it fresh!
However, if you have leftover smoothie you can’t finish, don’t dump it down the drain! Pour it into a popsicle mold, add popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight. Smoothie pops are delicious!
Mangoes are naturally sweet, juicy, and versatile! They go well with any fruit, but exceptionally well with tropical fruits like pineapple, cucumber, pineapple, and bananas. You can also pair them with strawberries, peaches, raspberries, or blueberries.
This mango smoothie is made of frozen mango, banana, Greek yogurt, and plant-based milk. The yogurt makes it nice and creamy, while the mango and banana naturally sweeten it.
More Tropical Smoothies
- high-speed blender
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango
- ⅓ cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine the banana, frozen mango, Greek yogurt, and milk.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If you want it thinner, add a splash more almond milk and blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!